Fire glass can turn your fireplace or fire pit into a decorative masterpiece in an instant. It is the perfect way to add an element of style to the fireplace, and give it a modern touch. The glittering pieces of fire glass spice up the décor, and create perfect ambience for the whole family to come together and enjoy the fire display.
The amazing thing about fire glass is that it is available in myriad colors, and you can select the colors to suit your taste and preferences. The right colors can do wonders to the décor, and take the elegance quotient of your living or entertainment area to a whole new level. Here is a quick guide to help you choose the right colors for fire glass.
First, it is important to understand that there are no rules for choosing the color. Your choice is color should essentially be guided by your personal likes and preferences. However, you would also need to pay some attention to the colors of your fireplace and fire pit, and to the color scheme that dominates your décor. Here are a few tips you should keep in mind:
- Take a look around your room where the fireplace is installed. Are there any particular colors that dominate the color scheme? Does the color of your cushion or rug stand out? Looks around the room for color inspirations, and you will certainly find something that is to your liking, and complements the décor well.
- More is not always better when it comes to colors of your fire glass. Rather than using too many colors, one should use only a few colors so to keep the look clean and sophisticated. Just pick 2 or at the most 3 colors to get the best look.
- Clear fire glass goes well with any color scheme and décor style. You can use clear fire glass as is or mix it with other colors to create a more appealing effect. Another great idea is to fill the base with clear glass, and then use a different color at the surface. Even if you don’t put anything on the top, you can stay assured that the clear would look great in itself.
- Check out the colors of your fireplace. What color is the inside wall of the fireplace? Choose a color that goes well with this color. You can choose a color that contrasts the wall color. For example, if the wall is white or cream, colors such as blue, red, green, or any other contrasting color would look good.
- If you want bring focus to your fireplace, then use contrasting colors as it would create a beautiful visual effect.
- To identify complementing colors for the fire glass, look for colors that are opposite to each other in the color wheel.
With these simple tips, you can enhance the aesthetics of your fireplace to a great extent. So, go ahead and choose your favorite colors.